Friday, July 07, 2006

Music: Prelude from Suite No. 1, composed by Johannes Sebastian Bach and performed by Cello Journey

Good evening, this is Michael Anthony and you're listening to British History 101. This is the podcast's first episode, so I'd like it to be an explanatory prelude to what the future may bring. My vision for this podcast is to provide a basic and intermediate level of British history - something the novice scholar and Anglophile can both enjoy simultaneously. I'd like to do profiles on British monarchs, overviews of significant battles and political events, and some trivia on British culture and society every now and then. My most pressing concern is the audience - what do you want to hear? What types of things are you interested in within the realm of the British Isles? I'd like to include a weekly question and answer, once this podcast builds a listener base, so start thinking about things you'd like to know but have never had a chance to find out. Send suggestions, questions, comments, rants, and raves to BritishHistory101@gmail.com. Also, check out my blog at www.britishhistory101.blogspot.com for a transcript of each show. Until next time, when we begin our three part series on the Battle of Hastings, my best to you all, and thanks for listening. Have a good night.


MP3 File

4 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, July 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done keep it up

 
At 8:12 AM, July 24, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

This looks promising, well done!

You asked what your listeners would like to hear? Almost anything on Celtic history within these isles would be great, thank you.

Keep up the good work.

Silverwolf

 
At 10:23 AM, July 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its awesome!!! can't wait to hear more

 
At 7:21 PM, August 07, 2006, Blogger Michael Anthony said...

Hrmmm...Mike, yours is the only suggestion I've received thus far to raise the volume, I've never had any trouble with it at all. Perhaps you should check your speaker and sound card settings? Let me know if you're still having trouble hearing me once you've tried that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home